Friday, September 30, 2011

Mil-Spouse Friday Fill-In


  1. I always feel like I’m  twenty-seven years old, but in reality, I’m twenty-three .


    (I've always thought I act mature for my age, and generally I get the same reaction from others.)


  2. I wish my family understood better when I tell them call me anytime .
      

     (This one was hard. My family's pretty understanding of my life and the way I live it, they're always supportive. But one thing they're always worried about is bothering me when I'm busy or when the time difference doesn't work. Even though I'm all the way in Japan, I still have voicemail! )


  3. If you saw me when I force my husband to kill all the bugs in my house , you’d think I was a total girly-girl, but if you saw me when I'm drinking beer and telling dirty jokes with said husband's sailor buddies , you’d think I was a tomboy through-and-through.


     (I don't like bugs or critters. I may have screamed numerous expletives into a voicemail machine when I found a huge tarantula in the house while Jeff was at work. I may have thrown a garbage can over a mouse and left the house for the day a few years earlier when my parents' place got a couple mice invaders. But, I'm not a girly girl really. I don't like drama. I don't have perfect hair or nails and I don't care too much about clothes or accessories. I'm usually more comfortable goofing around with the guys than with their wives.)


  4. I feel like I’m in a totally different universe when people are astonished that I'm not having kids yet, despite the fact that I'm only twenty-three.


     (I've blogged about this before, but it never fails to trip me out. Seriously guys, what's the rush? I'm not in a rush.)


  5. In honor of this being MFF #60… 60 months ago  (exactly 5 years ago, so September 30, 2006) I lived in the dorms at Aurora University  and my life was totally different because I was in college, fresh out of high school and with a lot to learn, with a boyfriend in the Navy overseas, and a tepid roommate that I tried my hardest to get along with and failed.


     (Feels like forever ago! It was definitely an interesting experience and I have a lot of amazing memories from my years in Aurora. But, I don't miss the dorms, the less than stellar roommate [my next roommate was ah-mazing], the long distance relationship, the general chaos that is college life. Although that year was definitely the most uneventful. Sophomore year I had cortisone injections, surgery, and a marriage. Junior year I moved cross-country to California and started at a big state school with a brand new major. Both junior and senior year I averaged about 23 credits per semester. Senior year I finished in a rush before moving overseas. Whew, I get tired just thinking about it.)

    Join in the fun! 


4 comments:

  1. Hahaha... you think being 23 with no kids brings a lot of weird looks and comments... try being 29 with no kids! I rarely feel like I fit in. Most have kids and people my age have kids in middle/high school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you about calling you anytime. My grandma in particular always things I'm too busy to talk, when I really would love to talk to her anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New reader here**
    I'm only 23 as well, and people look at me like I'm straight up crazy for not having a kid yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh geez, your number 5 makes me tired just reading it! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...