Sunday, July 29, 2012

Progress on Day Zero Project

Long time, no talk. I've been busy trying to survive the heat sans air conditioning and starting a new job.

I'm chugging along very slowly on my Day Zero Project. Here are some of the things I've accomplished or started.

23.   Go to five Japanese festivals (2/5)


Summer is full of festivals in Japan. And while Jeff and I are usually lazy on the weekends and don't feel like driving, there were some festivals in Misawa. We both worked American Day in June, which is a festival for the Japanese put on by Misawa Air Base. I blogged about it here - American Day .






We just went to the Misawa Tanabata Festival last night. I'll probably blog about it sometime soon, but here's a short description of the festival, and here's a description of the Tanabata legend (I don't know the accuracy of this story). We waited until evening to go because it's been so hot and humid, but even then we could only stand the crowds and heat for a little bit. It was interesting to see though.



14.   Go to Tokyo
24.   Take five ITT Tours 
29.   See a sumo wrestling match


I'm knocking three out in one by signing up for an ITT (Information, Tickets, and Travel) tour to Tokyo to see a sumo wrestling match in September. I cannot wait! It's a short trip, which will give us a quick taste of Tokyo and give us a better idea of what we want to see when we return for a longer trip.


67.   Cook seafood at home five times (1/5) 

I attempted a tilapia recipe last week. It was okay, very bland. I think I overcooked it because the fish was very dry. I've since gotten some suggestions and I'll probably try another seafood dinner soon. I also want to try salmon. So far, salmon sushi is one of my favorites.


94.   Watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy

Jeff's been bugging me to watch the trilogy ever since I made this list. I finally gave in and we're watching the first movie. Since it's too hot to do much and I'm fighting a headache, hanging out on the couch in front of a fan with a long movie sounds like a good Sunday afternoon.



Happy weekend! Can you believe it's almost August? I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...