Thursday, December 9, 2010

Sharing Blogs

Would you like to see a blog I absolutely drool over? Check out Dana's Housetweaking.

Things I love about her blog:
-She lives in the Midwest. She owned a house in IL and now lives in OH. I feel a kinship to anyone in the Midwest.
-She does realistic improvements/decorations/etc. She's not made of money (none of us are!), so I don't feel guilty lusting after her design ideas, since it's realistic that one day I could actually use that inspiration in my own home. Instead of dropping big bucks for the "must-haves", she does what makes her happy and does it in her own way. And it's beautiful.
-I love love love her sense of style. It's so calming. She uses a lot of natural colors/textures, lots of whites and browns. Just by the pictures you can tell it's a house you could get comfortable in.

(Have I used the word love enough for you???)



I basically want to take all her ideas and use them to inspire my own house!

Since I spend a lot of time drooling over her gorgeous house, I figured I'd pass it along to anyone with similar tastes.

Just look at the beautiful rooms she photographs in detail on her site (look here for individual rooms)









Looking at her pictures makes me want to own my own house so I can paint and decorate to my heart's content without worrying about moving out. Of course that's not going to happen for years, but it's nice to imagine!

Again, her blog is Housetweaking and it's amazing.




On a more realistic note, I'm excited to decorate a new house in a few months. I'm not at all looking forward to all the unpacking, but the decorating and organizing will be fun.

We're headed home to Illinois bright and early tomorrow morning. Onto the next phase of our move --- miles and miles of driving!

2 comments:

  1. Have fun driving! I just did a similar route from MA to WA. We went WAY south to avoid snow and so we could see the Grand Canyon. It was worth every extra mile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I'm a brand new follower of your blog, and a fellow Navy wife :-)


    http://hanginloosewiththetuccis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...