Wednesday, December 29, 2010

We're Getting There!

We're trucking along on our moving journey to Japan.

We drove from California to Illinois without any problems or delays, and thankfully no snow, serious rain, or ice. We did the drive in 2 days to get home quickly and relax. The cats hung in there and we got to my parents' house and settled in.

My brother was able to visit at the same time, so it was so fun to spend time with my family and my husband's family. It's been two years since we were last home, so we had a lot to catch up on!



I haven't even turned on my camera since we've gotten home (the picture above is from my mom's camera!) It's surprising, but it's been really nice to just focus on talking and sharing and enjoying, rather than posing for pictures. It also makes this blog less exciting, but I've been so relaxed and happy since we've been able to see everyone. We're also thoroughly enjoying Chicago food and landmarks! After we get over our colds (darn weather) we'll be making a trip or two down into downtown Chicago to reminisce and enjoy.


Our actual trip to Japan is coming up quicker than ever! We've finally worked out our flights with the military and we're all set to get there. We'll be flying to Seattle and then onto Misawa. It'll be a long process, but worth it. Once we get there, it shouldn't be too long before we're in a house and hopefully with all of our furniture! Last we checked our Household Goods shipment was in the Pacific Ocean on its way!

I'll post some more pictures once my mom uploads them! Like I said, my camera hasn't even been turned on! Stay tuned ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...