Thursday, March 8, 2012

What Book Did I Read Last Month?

I have a lot of books.

I have a lot of Kindle e-books.

I get confused on what I've read, what I meant to read, what I plan to read, etc. etc. etc. I forget I downloaded that book a month ago. I forget about that book that got thrown into the office last week. I forget a lot.

I tried Shelfari a few months ago. I loved that it linked with Amazon and automatically added my Kindle purchases, but otherwise found it pretty useless.

I still love the idea of having a digital collection of all my books, my wishlists, and favorites, so I tried again.

Round Two : My Goodreads Profile

This one was a pain to set up. I never finished my profile on Shelfari, so it wouldn't let me download my book collection. What? Annoying. All I wanted to do was delete the damn account, not finish it. I added all those books to Goodreads, then quickly glanced at my bookshelves and Kindle history to see what pieces I've missed in the mean time. I'm sure I'm still missing plenty here and there...

But it's a start! I even have a little collection in the sidebar of this blog. Now I just need to find all my random "books to read" lists on paper and computer and compile them in once place. I'll save that job for another night though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...