Saturday, June 23, 2012

A Saturday Night Organizing Binge

I've had a rough couple of months of the cyclical routine of eating bad and being lazy, then trying to work out and eat better for a couple days, then going back to unhealthy, then guilt, then back, then forward. Back and forth, back and forth. Somewhere in there a couple pounds has been added on.

Since it's not helping me any, I'm trying to quit the cycle and just make smaller steps. Jeff recently had oral surgery that will not heal completely for nearly six months, so that's made a huge shift in our eating habit. I've decided that instead of getting frustrated with the limitations, I should use this as an opportunity to shift our eating habits in general and move towards a healthier diet. Less chips and soda, more fruit and water. Less beef, more ground turkey and chicken. Less eating out, more healthy stand-bys stocked and ready to go in our pantry/freezer.

I've been using stress and not wanting to spend so much time in the kitchen as an excuse to pick up food so much. But if I took a little time on the weekends stocking up on easy to make healthy food at home, or pre-made frozen meals ready to be heated up, that wouldn't be a valid excuse so often.

Long story, short. I'm unhappy with the way I'm eating and I'm attempting to start making changes.



Starting with getting recipes in order! I've got recipes everywhere. Pinterest, recipe books, bookmarks, written down on post-its on the fridge, etc. etc. etc. What a mess. I started a OneNotebook almost two years ago with recipes, but had stopped using it. I'm working on compiling all my various recipes into one organized location. I don't know what gave me the energy to do this on a random Saturday night, but here I am.

I have an urge to purge the pantry and freezer too, since they're cluttered and jammed full of half-empty boxes. But I should probably get to the pile of dirty dishes and the random clutter around the apartment first. Maybe with a heavy dose of caffeine tomorrow morning ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...