Friday, August 12, 2011

Happenings.

1. I may have gotten absolutely nothing accomplished this week because the temperature has been hovering around 90* and the humidity is like living in a swamp and I'm dying.



2. I grew up without air conditioning. When we moved into our first house in California and it had air conditioning, I may have joked with Jeff about becoming high maintenance and refusing to live in any house without air conditioning ever again...

And then we moved to Japan.

No a/c in housing.



3. Life laughed at me. I may have cursed back a lot this week.



4. I cannot determine if the heat or my lack of a green thumb is killing some of my plants.

Flowers that looked like this...



...do not anymore.



5. This is my new favorite picture.



It has nothing to do with the heat or my questionable thumb. But it is a change, because my husband is actually smiling. He never smiles. He silently curses my camera any time I pull it out. This was date night and he's grumbling behind his smile, I promise.



6. I still love my short hair. Its never-ending battle to curl weirdly is tiring with all this humidity, but we're getting along for now.





7. I've been working at 0600 every day. That means I leave the house at 0545, which means I'm up before 0500.

In case you've never met me in the morning, I am no morning person. My own husband refuses to talk to me until I talk to him. I may have bitten his head off for that offense a few times in our first year of marriage. He's learned.

Anyways, when we used to live and work in California, we'd be out the house in our one car at 0600. I'd drop him off at work then commute the hour to my school and work. It was dark until I hit campus usually. And a lot of days we wouldn't get home until it was dark.

Now, I get views like this first thing in the morning.



I guess in the East the sun really does rise earlier. I don't mind it one bit.

I also get off work early enough to get a full afternoon of sunshine to play with. Yesterday I went to the beach after work. Happiness.



8. I keep finding excuses to sit on the couch in front of the fan and continue to avoid doing anything productive. Like stopping to write this basically useless blog post. Hm. I should probably turn off the TV and computer. Or I could continue watching the Daily Show...



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...