Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Four for Twenty-Four

To mark one year older, I’m making some new goals. I’m not usually one to make goals, but I am a list person. So maybe thinking of this as a to-do list will be more successful. Whichever way you and I think of it, it’s a couple things I’d like to accomplish in my life, and preferably within the next 52 weeks.




1. Climb Mount Fuji.
We’ve been talking about doing this since we moved to Japan. I’ve been saying I need to get in shape for it about as long. It’s probably about time I started climbing some stairs or something, huh?


2. Ski on a mountain.

There’s a lot of exploring I’d like to do while we’re in Japan. See festivals, eat new foods, see new cities. But one thing I can’t wait to do is go up into the mountains and try my hand at skiing. I did it once in Wisconsin when I was little and loved it. I’m determined to try it again, and maybe even get good at it.


3. Get a new tattoo.

My first tattoo is full of meaning and I drew it myself. Every time I look at it I remember who I was when I got the tattoo and who I am now. Now, I want a tattoo that signifies everything Japan has meant for me. It’s changed me, moving here and making a life overseas. I want to remember the fear, excitement, growth, and change forever.


4. Cook fish at home.

I grew up in a seafood-free household. My mom’s allergic, and I was the world’s pickiest eater. I’m doing my best to be courageous and try new foods. I’ve discovered my love for sushi, but I haven’t tried too many kinds of cooked fish yet. But of all the places to try fish, Japan has the freshest and most readily available of any place I’m likely to live. I’d like to learn to cook some at home. It’s healthy, fairly inexpensive in Japan, and something different.


So, that’s my list for twenty-four. Think I can do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...