Sunday, January 8, 2012

So Fresh, So Clean


Hi! I'm Teri, but you probably already know that. I'm starting a new blog. It probably won't be full of fresh ideas and original posts, but it will include all the pieces that make up my life. I'll do my best to share my life as a wife, an American in Japan, a Navy girl on an Air Force base, a full-time employee of the government, a literature lover, a photography novice, and an occasional kitchen novice. There's some other bits and pieces mixed in, of course. Life is full of surprises.

I wanted to start over. I graduated with my degree in English in 2010. I've continued my love of literature by reading everything I can get my hands on, but my writing has slacked considerably. My favorite form of writing is persuasive - trying to prove my point and get you to agree with me. But that doesn't really come up in my daily life now. So I'm going to flex my hand at writing stories. Nonfiction especially since I'll be documenting my life. But I'm going to attempt to dip my toe in the water of fiction writing as well. That may or may not be shared, since my fiction writing skills are rusty and unpracticed. Along with my writing, I'd like to start focusing on my photography. My wonderful husband gave me a Nikon d3100 for Christmas, and I'd like to dive into the world of understanding DSLR and how to use my camera to the best of my ability. Living in Japan is a once in a lifetime experience, and I want the pictures and stories to last much longer.

So. Here's to new beginnings!





----------------------------------------------------------

Updated:

I have since uploaded my previous blog's posts, since my first year in Japan was memorable and worth sharing. I didn't want to have to keep linking to an unused blog, that seemed silly. 

So every post below this post is old blog, pre-fresh start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...