Sunday, January 8, 2012

Time for Your Close Up

I've been playing with my new camera off and on since I opened it on Christmas morning. With being sick and ending up in Urgent Care, my productivity the past two weeks has been stagnant at best, so I'm hoping to start turning that around now that I'm feeling back to normal. I finally finished cleaning up the mess from Christmas today, so I'm ready to move onto the new year!


It's certainly easy to snap a quick picture in the "Auto" setting on my Nikon, but I'd like to pretend I'm a professional and move onto the "Manual" settings. The Pioneer Woman's series What the Heck is an Aperture? has really helped me start to wrap my head around the way a camera works. Most of my fiddling so far has been indoors because I've been sick and it's been snowing. I've been zooming in and experimenting with different settings and seeing what happens.

Here's my very beginner pictures. I'm hoping in a year or two I can look back and laugh, comparing them to how far I've grown!

Our Christmas Tree, 2011.

Star Wars Risk on Christmas Day.

A cute little package of pasta from my parents!

Jeff playing on my laptop.

Coffee!

My new favorite electrical appliance.

My favorite jewelry box.

Even my untrained eyes can see that these pictures have plenty of room for improvement. But everyone has to start somewhere right? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...