Sunday, January 15, 2012

What Weekend?

I just finished the last week of my old job and will start my new job on Tuesday morning.

I finished the week and was anticipating a weekend of relaxing and enjoying some time with Jeff and some friends before starting the journey of figuring out how to take care of slightly younger children. I gave the kids at my old work lots of hugs and came home happy.

Then woke up Saturday morning feeling like hell. They gave me germs to remember them by. There had been a fever going around, and they happily gave it to me apparently. I spent Saturday fighting to keep my fever down and sleeping off and on the entire day. I was finally able to get rid of my fever this afternoon, and now am just battling a nasty cough. I think my voice is deeper than Jeff's at the moment.

There went my weekend. Tomorrow I must feel better. It's not a choice, damn immune system. We have errands to run and then Tuesday is my first real day at the new job (I've spent a few hours at my new job here and there, but not a full day yet.) and I will not be calling in sick. I don't even have enough sick leave saved up after my last visit to urgent care two weeks ago.

I also have plans Tuesday night.



I didn't even know about this until the day of and since I had work, wouldn't have been able to stand in line anyways. My amazing friend surprised me with tickets! So I need to feel better on Tuesday to get through a full day of work and see this event. Big plans, body, catch up.

My immune system just needs to kick itself into gear.

I'm off to take Nyquil and hopefully sleep some of this off. Although my 3 day weekend is effectively wasted, at least it does give me one extra day to get back to healthy and moving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...