Sunday, May 19, 2013

Transfer

My laptop has been dying for a few months. Since I started grad school, it has decided to freeze and other wonderful things every time I go to do school work. I had to resort to using Jeff's computer, which drives him crazy.

With another semester under my belt, we decided it wasn't worth the headache. I bought a new laptop.


Now I'm in the fun phase or transferring all my files, pictures, music, etc. And figuring out a new operating system, since my new laptop upgrades from Windows 7 to Windows 8. I'm slowly figuring out how to work the new windows...

I forgot how much of a headache transferring everything is. I have most of my photos backed up on an external anyways, but transferring all the documents and music, re-downloading virus software and other applications, and setting up everything I need to run takes a while! And I lose the extras like the free copy of my parents' Microsoft Office that was installed on the old laptop. Oh well.

I'm off to play with this laptop some more. The great news is my school webpage loads in 2 seconds flat. Much better!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...