Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"Disaster in Japan" -- A Visual Aid

My mom found this somewhere, and I thought it was too interesting not to pass on.

You're well aware of the 9.0 earthquake Japan had, but are you aware that the earthquakes have continued in a seemingly constant stream since? None as big or as damaging, thank goodness, but small little tremors daily. Sometimes it feels more like hourly.

I've always been a visual learner, so here's a visual of what we've been dealing with in these parts of the world.

Japan Quake Map

Give it a second to get going, because in no time you've got big and little earthquakes popping up all over your screen.




Want to know where we fit into all this mess? Here's a map.



I think I've gotten a lifetime's worth of earthquakes in the 2 months we've been here. And if that link freaks you out, remember, both my husband and I, and the entire Misawa Air Base, are safe and healthy. Although hundreds of dependents are evacuating this base and others, there is no danger for those who choose to stay like me.

I just thought it was a nice visual aid to try to imagine what's been going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...