Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Chopped

I got this crazy idea in my head that I could cut my own hair. It looks so easy when the stylists do it, right?



I had unruly bangs and layers in desperate need of a trim and was feeling the need to chop my hair shorter. I thought about getting an a-line at some salon, but finding a salon and trusting someone that may not speak my language very well not to screw up my hair scared me. A lot. Last time I had my hair cut, the lady butchered my bangs and I think a language barrier had a lot to do with that. So this crazy idea started, and I pulled out the scissors.

After a HUGE mess in the bathroom (hair does not sweep off of textured tile very well) and a lot more time than I've ever spent in a stylist's chair, I got this:



Certainly not perfect, but I have to say it looks pretty good for doing it myself. It took some contortionist moves and some tricky mirror play to be able to trim the back of my head myself. And I took a big gulp before attempting layers, fully expecting to do something horrendous and have to run to the salon tonight to get it fixed. But I managed to get my ends fairly even, do some layering that looks close to how it looks when I walk out of a salon, and trim my bangs without butchering them even more. Yay!



It may not be perfect, but for $0, I'll take it. It's still long enough to pull up and out of the way, but all the unhealthy ends are gone. I can't stop touching it because it is SO soft with all that damage chopped.



Not bad for a couple hours and some flexible arms, huh?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm seriously impressed—that's something I don't know if I could ever do! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...