Friday, May 6, 2011

Round 7 - 60 Pictures

I haven't done this in a while, so here you go!

The original list

31. A picture of a tradition you have.



When I think tradition, I think family...and garlic dip. The biggest tradition in my family growing up was getting together and enjoying good food and good company, and it's still my favorite part of the holidays and weddings and whatever other excuse we use for gathering on either side of my family. My dad's side, however, is known for one special recipe at each and every gathering: garlic dip. My dad and aunts bicker about how to prepare it (by hand vs. mixer is a constant argument), all the girl cousins double and tripled dipped the stuff until they had to have their own bowls (the boy cousins were never as crazy about the stuff, which I think is crazy...). It's something that instantly comforts me and makes me think of home and family. I still make it at holidays even if it's just Jeff and me, like Easter most recently. But really, it's the family and laughs and enjoying each other's company over food, rather than the food itself. It's a tradition I intend to continue for years and years. As soon as I'm back in the same country as all my family, anyways!



32. A picture of a crazy night.



I don't really have crazy nights, but this was definitely one of those "whyyyy did you keep drinking???" nights. I had malibu concoctions, beer, gin concoctions, more beer, and thennnn sex on the beaches. I cannot remember how they taste and I've never gotten them before or after, if you're curious. I've only had a handful of hangovers, due to my low count of crazy nights, and this one was a doozy.



33. A picture of the house you grew up in.



This is mid-paint job, but here's the house I grew up in. Due to a brighter than expected blue, everyone knew it as "that blue house". It made directions super easy, and it definitely stood out on the street. My parents recently had new siding installed, so it's a beautiful light gray color now. My brother and I were both planning to visit for Christmas, and we both joked we'd drive right past the house. Then my in-laws came to share a pizza, and they did actually drive right past it. So did my longtime around the corner neighbor and my husband's best friend when he came to visit. It was quite comical!



34. A picture of your currently most played CD.

I haven't played a CD in a long time... I have my iPod and iTunes on my computer.

But lately, I've been playing a lot of country. I really love the voices of Blake Shelton and Dierks Bentley.



And when I need super upbeat music, I've been picking songs like the ones from Burlesque. Cheesy and oh so predictable, but it has fun dance scenes and some killer Christina vocals. And it's impossible not to dance to, which makes things like cleaning the tub bearable.





35. A picture of your favorite place to eat.

A favorite is always impossible for me to pick...so I'll pick one we loved and went to on a regular basis and I am particularly missing. I can replicate pasta and burgers and fried chicken, but Mexican is something I'm not very good at, yet. And I love Mexican whether Americanized or authentic or anything in between, yum.









Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day!
It's about over here in Japan, but just starting in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...