Monday, May 16, 2011

The Girl Who Played with Fire



My review of this book is no different than thousands that are already out in the world. If you haven't started this series, you need to pick it up and start reading right now!

It's great, and the second book is even better than the first. I bought the first book a year and a half ago and it took some time to sink into Larsson's Swedish history and some of the weird words and phrases (being translated from Swedish probably explains that), but once I did, I loved. Salander is an incredible woman with such a complex personality. I'd be incredibly intimidated by her in person, but she's mesmerizing in text.

This book dug much deeper into her life than the previous one. It was interesting to start to learn what made her who she is, which is such a different person than anyone else in the book or really, anywhere. As expected, the suspense and intensity of the murder mystery and deadly cat and mouse game made me bury my head in the book to see what happened next instead of doing dishes or laundry or anything that took me away from the story. I was hooked, and finished it in only a couple days.

I really don't have anything new to add to the discussion of this book or series. Loved it, can't wait to read the third, unique enough to stand out against similar murder/suspense novels. I already convinced my brother to pick up the books on his next Amazon book shopping trip. He mistakenly thought it was akin to Twilight since they were always displayed close to each other in bookstores, and I very quickly dispelled that theory. I know it's one of those everyone is talking about, but if you haven't heard you should really consider picking the books up. Today. Amazon ships quickly and reliably.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...