Sunday, June 5, 2011

Chicken Stuffed Crescent Rolls

There is no real name for this recipe. I call it something different every single time I make it, and Jeff never knows what to call it. But he loves it. The first time I made these, he said they were his favorite recipe of mine so far. He still inhales them. I believe my aunt was the first to try to stuff her crescent rolls, then my dad added broccoli, and eventually I tried the recipe and loved it. It's easy and quick and is so good.



I'm sharing because it is so easy and quick and delicious. I'm always in need of more weeknight meals, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.



I vary the amounts of chicken and broccoli, but basically you want some chopped chicken and some chopped broccoli. This time, I baked one chicken breast and chopped it into small pieces, then defrosted about 2 cups of broccoli until it was soft enough to chop, and chopped it into similar-sized pieces. (I was trying to use less meat and more veggies to sneak a semi-meatless meal into my husband's meat/meat/meat diet...) Sometimes I add chopped onion as well, but I was out of onions. Mix it with some salt, pepper, and whatever seasonings you like. I usually use garlic powder and onion powder.





Take about 4oz. of cream cheese, softened, and stir into the mixture. I call it healthy since it's reduced fat.



Then add a handful or two of shredded mozzarella cheese. I also call this healthy when it's low fat. The cheeses make this extra creamy and delicious though.



When it's all combined to your liking (add more of whatever you want!), roll out your crescent rolls. Instead of eight triangles, you need four squares. Flatten and press the seam to form a fairly large, thin square/rectangle shape.



Separate mixture evenly between four squares. I almost always have leftover mixture just because this recipe doesn't have any specific measurements. You could save that for something, but I usually don't. I put just enough mixture so that I can close the square into a ball.



Which is the next step: closing the dough and trying to seal all the mixture inside the roll. It doesn't have to look pretty, mine never do.



Spray lightly with Pam so it browns on top, then pop in the oven. I follow the directions of the crescent rolls package, usually adding additional minutes until they're nice and brown on top.



Like this.



You could serve them with rice or something, but usually one roll is more than enough for me. It tastes really great on a cold evening. These also taste just as good warmed up the next day as leftovers. And since it's ingredients I almost always have on hand, this is such an easy meal to throw together!




P.S. I haven't actually cooked in some time, these pictures are from quite a while ago! Woops. I'm hoping to get back into trying new recipes and cooking healthier meals on a more regular basis soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...