Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Three Years Ago

Three years and two days ago (I'm a little late!), I was doing this:



To go say something special to someone special:



And we started a new adventure together:



Three years ago exactly, we celebrated our new adventure with our family and closest friends:







Jeff and I got married on June 19th, 2008. It was a whirlwind of planning a wedding before a deployment with him overseas and me recovering from surgery, but we got it done. We had a courthouse wedding with immediate family, then celebrated in a small reception with family and close friends on June 21st.

Who could have imagined in just three short years we would have lived in CA, finished my degree, survived a year of deployments, moved to JAPAN, and started a real family of our own - the two of us and our adorable little furbabies. We've figured out how to live together and not want to strangle each other, most days. We've started traditions of our own and continued our favorites from our families. We've made plans for the future and made the best of the situations life has thrown at us. And of course, had a lot of fun along the way.

I don't know how I got so lucky, but my husband is pretty amazing. In the way of rubbing my sore and tired feet while I'm adjusting to a new job, bringing me toast when I'm sick or hungover, letting me sleep in late every weekend, only picking movies I'll actually watch from his extensive movie collection, and enduring my incessant need for hugs and snuggles. He's not perfect and sometimes I want to strangle him (I'm sure the feeling's mutual), but I'm happy with my life and the way it's shaping up.

I can't help but wonder where we'll be three years from now! I never would have expected actually moving overseas, so to say some things surprised me would be an understatement. Other things were as expected --having pets was always at the top of my list. I think Jeff's just surprised I've stopped at two.

Just wanted to share. This anniversary was pretty special after all the chaos of moving and adjusting to life overseas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...