Thursday, January 2, 2014

Catching Up

I'm sitting in my apartment in Misawa, Japan watching TV with my husband. He's in the military and I work with kids on base. I just finished some graduate school and we spend most nights trying a new recipe and watching a movie on the couch.

But this time next year?

I'll be a civilian's wife.

2014 is our last year in the military and in Japan. It's the start of a new chapter of my life and I'm so anxious and excited to get to it. Since my time in Japan is ticking away and there are so many changes coming, I'm making a attempt to get back into blogging. To share the journey that is Japan before it's gone and share all the surprises that will come with transitioning to civilian life.

Since pictures make things more exciting, here are some of my favorites from 2013.  (One goal for 2014: more pictures!)


 
Climbing Mt. Fuji! Hardest and most memorable moment of 2013. I was all smiles at the beginning ;)


 

The ride back down after injuring my foot so badly I could barely walk. I rode in a bulldozer and then on a horse! It was awful and hilarious and we knew it would make a great story once I recovered. 





We took another trip to Tokyo to meet my brother!



We enjoyed catching up and exploring with Sean. Can't wait to do it again in Arizona!



 

I finally got Jeff in his blues for the Navy ball. We agreed on going to one ball in his enlistment and this was it. So much fun to get dressed up, laugh, and dance!


  I switched to a new job and no longer work weekends so we've begun exploring again! We took a weekend getaway in Aomori, the prefecture's capital.



The beginning of our last winter in Japan! The snow here is so beautiful, but I will not miss literally shoveling my car out of its spot. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...