Monday, February 13, 2012

Superbowl Monday - Toned Down

This was my second Superbowl overseas.

Here's the story of my first: Superbowl Monday

Basically, it was a big, drunken party at 8am on Monday morning. I had a blast meeting some of the guys from Jeff's work and teaming up against those silly Packers fans.

This year?

I worked! Exciting, I know.

Luckily, I didn't really care about either team. But I was missing all the good food. So I decided to do Superbowl food on Sunday evening, and pretend we were watching the big game. I believe we watched Covert Affairs or Burn Notice, but whatever.


Mini Spicy Buffalo Chicken Balls
I made this spicy buffalo chicken balls recipe, because wings and games go together. I used ground turkey because I had it on hand. I left the sauce as a dipping sauce instead of drizzling it over the meatballs in case we didn't like it, and added a bbq sauce to dip as well. I picked up some mozzarella sticks and made some spicy potato wedges and called it done. It was delicious. The meatballs were good but were missing the texture. They weren't crispy, so I want to fiddle with the recipe next time I make them. But they were still really good and we inhaled them. I didn't make the blue cheese sauce because I don't like blue cheese. I cut up my leftover celery and just grabbed a bottle of ranch. Easier.

I make potatoes a lot of different ways and never use a specific recipe. This time, I cut the potatoes into chip-like slim wedges and mixed them with olive oil, chili powder, red pepper flakes, and garlic. I roasted them in the oven at 450 until crispy. Yum.


So this year's big game was pretty uneventful. I just wanted to share the decent recipe for something different. And voice my jealousy that Jeff got the day off work while I didn't. After his snow day, I wasn't very happy!


1 comment:

  1. Uneventful! Did you really write that the game was uneventful? It was unbelievable was what it was. Recipes sound yummy Teri. Next year you'll have some seniority so you'll have to remember to put in for leave that day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...