Thursday, December 29, 2011

I've Caught Some Bugs

I caught some kind of bug that's had me coughing, hacking, sneezing, and SO congested since the day before Christmas. Happy holidays. Hopefully this long weekend will be enough to kick the cold.

To distract myself from trying to cough up one of my lungs, I started browsing on Amazon. I've been looking for DVD storage solutions forever. Our DVD stands we have now are beyond overflowing and starting to sag. They're showing their age and quality, being 5 years old and cheap.

You can catch a glimpse of the less crowded of the two behind my napping husband here on Thanksgiving weekend.


I haven't found much that would accomodate our needs. Apparently it's not average to have 1000+ movies???
Atlantic 12 Tier Media Rack - Holds 450 DVDs

This little guy has been on my "maybe" list for months. He'd have to be a triplet just to accommodate what we have now, much less what we'll have before we leave Japan. Which is costly for something that may or may not work...and that I can't see in person.

I've also been drooling over these pretty woven boxes to replace my four shabby card board boxes in our entertainment center. Which hold -- surprise -- more movies.

Woven Banana Leaf Collapsible Storage Bin

Glancing at my "maybe" list again led me to browsing all the storage and organizational goodies I'd love to purchase at some point in the future. I'd love some small ottomans and some hooks in our little entry nook so our coats and crap don't get piled on the kitchen table. I'd love some baskets and bins to tame the clutter in all the closets we have. Some under the bed storage since we actually need summer and winter wardrobes now (in Lemoore I never had to switch my wardrobe!). All the little kitchen spinners and racks to contain spices, soups, dishes, pot lids, etc. etc. etc. Lots of stuff for the office so our files are maintained, the closet is used for more than piling crap we don't want to look at, and the bookshelves don't explode. More storage bins for the living room and bedroom to again tame the clutter. A new desk for the office since our current one is hanging on by one screw, maybe two. Maybe some cheap side tables and coffee table to replicate our badly dinged and dented cheap Ikea versions. I only have one side table and Jeff always claims it! We're pricing new TV's for the future and possible new entertainment stands.

The list goes on and on and on...I caught the organizing bug again.

But it's harder when we're here. Normally I'd hit the stores like Target and Marshall's to see what I could find for cheap. Then look through Amazon. I can do that, but not much furniture makes it all the way here. And it's hard to see quality online looking at a picture. We've been to an Ikea-esque furniture store out here in Japan, recommended by a friend. I loved looking through everything and pointing out what I liked, but we only came home with those hanging basket things for the closets. I need more stuff! If only the new year wasn't a huge holiday that basically closes business in Japan for a week...

Oh, and I looked for Ikea in Japan. Nowhere near us. Damn.



The first step is to clean the mess I already made. Before buying more stuff. Having a party while you're under the weather means the mess stays exactly the same for seven days. Give or take. I may try to tackle the mess tomorrow, or I may curl up on the couch with some hot chocolate from my new Keurig. And then make sad, sick faces at Jeff until he goes to pick up dinner. Yeah, that sounds better anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...