Friday, April 15, 2011

Dear Curls

You've been with me all my life. When I was little, my hair curled under on one side and out on the other, which drove me nuts. You made my mom and her pin-straight hair jealous. You made bangs difficult and blown out hair impossible to maintain. But I still loved you.



Once I learned how to tame you with mousse, it was so easy to scrunch and go. I loved that I didn't have to spend hours blow-drying and straightening and could still have a pretty hairstyle. I even wore you to my reception, letting you curl whichever way you wanted.



But when I moved from Chicagoland to the deserts of California, you stayed behind. I had straight, limp hair that never reacted to my mousse efforts. I had to invest in a new blow dryer and straightener because you were nowhere to be seen and my hair needed work. I chopped it all off in an effort to make styling easier. Without you, it was my favorite hair cut, ever. So easy and so cute and I still have the urge to chop half my hair off every single day.



When we found out we were moving to snowy, rainy, Japan, I stopped chopping my hair. I was secretly hoping you'd come back. As much as my short hair was adorable, I still detest blow-drying every single day. I desperately missed the 10 minute styling I used to have in Illinois.

And you're slowly, ever so slowly, growing back! The curls that deserted me in California are growing in Japan. Every once in a while, you'll show up in my hair with or without mousse. My blown straight hair isn't staying as straight as it used to.



Even though I'm still tempted to chop you short every single day (I'm just intimidated by the language barrier, since that caused my last disastrous haircut), I love that you lovely curls have started to come back.



Please continue to grow and multiply until I can return to easy styling without a lot of effort, just in time for warmer weather.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful hair! I'm so jealous, my curls never look so pretty and if they went away I would probabaly not be that sad haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have stick-straight hair, so your curls make me jealous!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...