Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My Daily Dose of Creepy

We just finished watching Season 6 of Desperate Housewives, so we were looking for a break from the gossip, drama, and sometimes ridiculousness of the housewives. So we started watching Dexter on Netflix.



I'm not a big suspense/action/thriller person. In real life, blood and vomit don't bother me much. But on TV, blood is never just blood. It's guts and stabs and punches and all the other things I'd be just fine without seeing. So I was a little hesitant trying a show all about a blood spatter expert and serial killer. Especially after my brother, who knows me well enough to accurately recommend movies and TV shows 100% of the time, told me it might be a little too graphic for my taste.



But we're in Japan and good TV is pretty much nonexistant, so we gave it a go. And got hooked, quickly. I still turn my head at the killing scenes and particularly graphic scenes. My husband is kind enough to narrate what's happening while I'm burying my head in the blanket or his shoulder. He used to make fun of me, now he just chuckles and narrates. He even tells me when it's okay to look up again. What a good guy, huh?



We stayed up late many a night rushing through Season 1. Some nights, we stayed up way too late watching, then I'd be too creeped out to sleep. Then my dear, loving husband would make fun of me. And try to scare me senseless by turning off all the lights and trying to grab me in the dark. Such a nice guy, huh? Apparently he has a limit for my wimpy, girly, frightened by fictional characters on TV personality. But as long as we don't stay up until the middle of the night, I'm okay to sleep!



We're more than halfway through Season 2 now. It's interesting enough to keep us watching. And it provides some fun commentary. I guessed the identity of the Ice Truck killer episodes before Jeff, and I won't let him live that oversight down.

So, that's my daily dose of blood, guts, and murder. The show creeps me out and makes me want to watch more. I just have to balance it with some light and fluffy TV the rest of the day ;)

2 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower (because I'm a Navy gf who loves books and Japan),and I hope you're doing well over there! My man and I LOVE Dexter. Stick around till the end of season 4...you'll be shocked. We're currently waiting for Netflix to get its butt in gear with season 5. You're right though, it does need to balanced out with something happier haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jillian :)

    We're going to have to go out and buy Season 3 and 4, I think. Only Seasons 1 and 2 are available on instant, and we've only got 2 episodes left! And we're addicted now, haha.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...