Monday, April 25, 2011

Continuing My Cleaning Spree

Mondays are generally my cleaning days. We relax on the weekends, so dishes and laundry often pile up. I vacuum and dust about once a week, so since I'm picking things up and putting them away, I just do everything at once. Since I cooked like crazy yesterday (we have mashed potatoes for about 10 sitting in the fridge!), I had a whole counter full of dishes to get through, yuck.

I should have moved to the office once I finished all my regular cleaning to finish that room, but instead, I decided to do random deep cleaning things I don't normally do. Like scrubbing the sinks, shower, and tub with Comet.

Then I borrowed an idea from a friend and decided to clean the couch.



I bought our couch 2 years ago, and it's held up really well. But since I'm a total klutz, I often drop things, spill things, etc. And my husband does occasionally too. While we're quick to clean up things like spilled soda and bright red spaghetti sauce, the couch still had a sprinkling of spots and it bothered me.



So I followed my friend's advice and dug out the laundry detergent!



I diluted some water with some laundry detergent, then used a washcloth to scrub and soak the couch until all those stubborn stains disappeared. It took a little time because I basically scrubbed every inch of the couch, but it was so easy.



The couch is still drying in this picture, but it's clean! The washcloth I used to scrub the stains also picked up a disgusting amount of dirt. Gross, but it's good to know that's gone! The couch also smells pretty good now too ;)



Woo hoo, stains gone! I wonder if my husband will even notice when he gets home from work (I think if anything he'll notice the smell first). But, I'm happy with it and am planning on continuing to wash the couch every few months or so. Mainly to keep the dirt at bay and make it smell all fresh and clean again.



It's not the most astounding change ever, but it does make a difference!

Since we just moved in a few months ago, the rest of the place doesn't really need a deep clean. So that might be the end of my deep clean spree, but it feels good to have a sparkling bathroom and clean couch. At least until the next time I drop something on the couch. Which will probably be tonight since I just cleaned and that's how my klutziness works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...