Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Overflowing with Paper

It's been an eyesore since we moved in and unpacked.



We moved a ton of stuff to all their proper places, but we still had piles and piles in the office. What did we do?

Shove it all to one side of the room and ignore it.

We knew we needed to work on it but every time Jeff went in the office, he'd get sucked into his computer games. And I just didn't go in there. We've designated it his man cave since I no longer need an office for classes, so all that I have in there is files and books.

Every time I would clean the house, I'd move from room to room and clean from top to bottom. And every single time, I'd skip over the office. I have a routine: I start with the bedrooms and finish with the kitchen. One end of the house to the other. That path hasn't hit the office yet.

So today I finally started to tackle the mess.

What a mess! After PCS'ing, we had so many papers collected in random piles from carrying in our suitcases and haphazardly packed in boxes and crates. We had copies upon copies of orders, health records, approval forms and specific forms for overseas assignments, pet records, etc. etc. etc. etc. And of course, scattered in and all around were useless papers like old bills, receipts, and random things that should have been thrown out months ago.

And then there were all the books and records that had been organized at some point. The big earthquake knocked a lot of our books off their shelves (especially since I had thrown them up without bookends or anything really holding them in place) so I had to reorganize those piles.





...

And as I was writing this post, my husband came home from work and tried to start organizing things his way. But my way isn't done yet, so he needs to stay out until it's all neat and organized! If you can't tell, we go about things in very different ways.


Anyways, I started the big office clean-up today and hope to finish it tomorrow. If I ever finish shredding all the useless paper we have laying around, and find places to put all the "stuff" we have laying around.

Lots of pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...