Monday, April 11, 2011

Pictures of Food

I've been talking about food a lot here, so I finally took some pictures to show what we've been eating and cooking. Not the most interesting post, but I'm loving cooking delicious meals and I wanted to share.











I made a big batch of beef stew on Sunday, wanting to have it once more before the cold weather disappears. (Maybe twice more, I have a huge dish of it in the freezer now too...) My stew is an adaptation of Pioneer Woman's Beef Stew with Beer and Paprika. My sauce doesn't thicken as she describes, so I thicken it with flour. I simmer the beef for a couple hours longer, so by the time it's served it's shredding on its own. And I load it with tons of potatoes, carrots, and celery. It has more veggies than beef, which makes it slightly healthier right? Until I pair it with toasted french bread smothered in a garlic and basil butter spread. I think we had more helpings of bread than stew!






I made pizza tonight, and my husband continues to inhale it. I vary the toppings a little each time, but now that the crust is delicious it makes a good start no matter what. I use Pioneer Woman's pizza crust. This time, I swapped 1 cup of regular flour for 1 cup of whole wheat flour, so it gave a little health kick. Which gets ruined when I load the pizza with pepperoni and cheese, but oh well.



My spring cleaning and organizing binge is going well. I've got about half the place cleaned. Now I just have to tackle the messy rooms, like that dreaded office. I don't even want to know what kinds of things I'll find buried in there...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...